Look, the bottom line is that email marketing has a 4,200% return on investment (ROI). That’s a return of $42 for every dollar spent.
In August 2021, HubSpot published their email marketing stats report and the findings speak for themselves, you can see some of the highlights below:
If you’re thinking of stepping into the email arena then now is as good a time as any.
But you might be thinking, where do I start with email marketing?
Keep reading for a few examples of the different types of emails you can set up and how they benefit you, and your audience.
Nurture emails help turn leads into sales.
Rather than trying to score a win with every email you send (which if we’re being honest is tedious and has the opposite effect) nurture emails gently guide your customer through the buyer journey on the understanding that they are NOT ready to buy.
Here’s how nurture emails help:
- Build trust in your brand
- Introduce cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Feels more personal
- Maintain and grow relationships
- Saves money on ad spending
- Can be automated
Email newsletters usually go out to subscribers on a monthly or quarterly basis.
Like regular newsletters you might get in print form, this format helps businesses to:
- Build brand trust
- Position yourself as an authority in your niche
- Engage and captivate subscribers
- Provide solutions to their burning questions
- Keeps your brand top of mind
- Increases retention and referral opportunities
This transactional email can be automated so that it’s triggered after your customer completes a purchase or subscription.
As well as being polite, the welcome email helps to:
- Show brand voice and identity
- Sets the tone
- Opens up cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Show customers the next steps and what to expect from the relationship
- Offer tutorials on a service like “getting started”
Promotional or Invitation Emails
If you’ve got an upcoming offer or event that people absolutely can’t afford to miss then promotional and invitational emails are your best friend.
As well as being helpful these emails can:
- Increase warm lead generation
- Provide value for customers
- Save money on ad spend
- Increase brand trust and authority
- Gain new customers and referrals
Email marketing can be a sure thing
If you leverage email marketing properly, you’ll see the benefits of improved trust and brand credibility; longer relationships with your customers, which usually comes back to generating more leads, and more referrals.
All of this depends on having a bigger picture mindset though.
If it’s short-term transactional stuff you’re after, stick to the same quarterly offers and discounts to drive quick sales.
But, if the idea of having a first-rate customer experience and a level of care and service that’s unmatched in your industry; start thinking long term my friend.
It’ll be worth it in the end.
Follow Biondi Copy on socials and hit the subscribe button for weekly insights!
Leave a Reply